Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rainy Daze

It's Raining. A lot. The rumor I have heard is that this is Alex's last sputtering breath...What I know first hand is that today has become a great day for movie watchin' and hot cocoa drinkin'! And apparently, blog writing.

I have been pontificating over this for a while. "What is this blog about?" "Who is my audience?" "What am I going to say?" I think I've found that my answer is...I don't know. I'm a husband and father, and that experience will definitely color this commentary. I displaced professional. As an artist I am in need of more study...of enrichment and focus in art and music. As a nerd I am a student of space and military history. I am a son and a brother to a family that I see only much too rarely. I am full of hopes, dreams, plans, anticipations, regrets, & fears. I work really hard, but at what expense?

To pay the bills, or to see my daughter mature? That is the question!


So, as a start to this process I will say...Hello! I look forward to seeing where this experience takes me. It is strange to do such a self indulgant thing as journaling in such a public format, but perhaps this will provide the appropriate catharsis needed to move to the next phase in my existance.

For now, the first step is to crawl under the big dolphin blanket, cuddle with the munchkin, and waste the day with Willy Wonka and Toy Story. I'll talk to you again later.

~Emmett

No comments:

Post a Comment